Images in the Wild

My image

This image is my favourite one that I took as part of the ‘appropriation’ title we were given. I think I like this one the most because of the slightly abstract interpretation of the title, not including any faces or people, and instead focused on the branding and furthermore creating a Parisian-looking image. This image also could have been taken within the 60’s, with the vintage-looking sign by the door.

What I also like about this image within the ‘appropriation’ context is the reflection of the Carluccio’s sign within the glass, representing two companies within this photo.

—————————-

Image found on the hashtag

This image was one of my favourites from the Instagram hashtag #ULimagesinthewild. I like the idea of cropping the image out of its original context to create another one. It makes the viewer consider why the girl is there/ what she is doing.

Therefore this makes it a thought-provoking image as we question what is happening and even what the original advert was of.  Having the image in black and white further makes it a stylish image, one which could be a poster within itself.

4 thoughts on “Images in the Wild

1. I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your website.
    It appears as if some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody
    else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to
    them as well? This could be a issue with my browser because I’ve
    had this happen before. Thanks

Reply

1. I will look into it. Thank you for making me aware!
      Kind regards,
      India!

2. It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this outstanding blog!
    I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

Reply

1. Thank you so much for the wonderful support and comments! Hopefully I will be uploading every week, I hope you enjoy my future posts.
      Thank you!