The Found Object

Thinking about the found object brief we were given I starting looking for inspiration from what we see every day. This was prominently rubbish and wrappers which we come across daily so I took this concept and created images which creates a message and metaphor for the way in which we live.

It brings to light the way in which we, as a society, throw away things and take for granted the luxuries we encounter daily.

The first image I have chosen to put into this blog is one which I like the composition and lighting, but find the image quite mundane and it doesn’t project my intentions fully.

_MG_0012

Image 1

This next image was built upon the first and showed more contents of the cup. This is a much more accomplished image as it highlights the contents and the underlying message within the photograph. However, I wanted to explore more into a close up image of the cup/contents as I felt that the message was still being somewhat lost through it being on a podium, even though that gave the object status.

_MG_9969

Image 2

The next image was a much better layout but the lighting was wrong. It was slightly underexposed and focussed more on the cup element rather than the contents. This is because the light is coming predominantly from the left hand side, and even though there is a reflector on the right to project some light back, its not enough.  However I expanded from this image to create my final piece.

_MG_0045

Image 3

Final Image

This image is my favourite out of all that were taken on this shoot. This is because it is close up so the image is clear and the lighting is coming from the right direction. This image uses a black backdrop to highlight the different colours within the ‘rubbish’ and to create contrast between the cup and its contents.

_MG_0060

Final Image